NOTE FROM PASTOR MIKE
Someone once asked me, “How will attending the Birmingham Emmaus weekend retreat help me?” I quickly responded, “Do you have about an hour for us to talk? If not, let me give you just a few bullet points.”
- The weekend gives you the opportunity to get away and concentrate on your relationship with Jesus Christ.
- The weekend gives you time to focus on important things in your life you would normally ignore because of busy-ness.
- The weekend opens your eyes to God’s love and grace like never before.
- The weekend enables you to meet people of diverse backgrounds, establish new friendships, and become a part of a community seeking to share God’s love with the world.
- The weekend is just plain FUN! (Laughter works like good medicine Proverbs 17:22)
I encourage you to make an investment in your spiritual life. Invest the time, invest the money, invest the effort, and I guarantee you, after attending the Walk to Emmaus, you will reap the awesome benefits of putting God first in your life! Matthew 6:33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.